Monday, January 31, 2011

hollywood sub cult

Two films I watched over the weekend... [spoiler alert!!!]


This is weird but after watching the movie at home, I said to myself that I really didn't like it that much. Then hours after, while eating and thinking about the movie, realized that I liked it after all.

This vampire movie has good reviews on the internet. But what appealed to me is how the female vampire chose her next "companion/guardian/sidekick/man friday." She chose loners, outcasts and people being picked on by bullies. The same characteristics of a future serial killer.

So to me, this wasn't just a vampire flick, this was a serial killer flick too.




This wasn't just an action/avert a disaster movie. The way the director did this flick, it also felt like a sports story... specially with all the people cheering at the end. Thoroughly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment