Tuesday, June 7, 2011

unsubcultured baguio edition #3: DESTINY

After dropping my mom off at home, I was bored. So I decided to go on a solo trip to town, Session Road in particular. I had dinner at 456, a hole in the wall resto that served Chinese-Pinoy food, then walked around for a few minutes...

First thing that caught my eye was this cool street stall selling handpainted shirts and other "native" accessories. I even mistook a girl who was with a white guy for a saleslady. After this, it was time to check out the few remaining "SHOEKAY-UKAY" stores. At this one store, a shoe caught my eye...

Wow! Doc Martens! I haven't seen this brand in Manila for a long-long time and there it was... just sitting there, waiting to be scored/had/whatever. It was even "Made in England." Better still, it was in my size. So after haggling, I got to score the shoe at 800php [from 1.2k]. So what if I didn't volunteer to drive my mom to Baguio? Then I wouldn't cop a pair of Docs. So what if they are used? It was destiny. I guess I'm exaggerating this a little but that's what it is.

Even bought a second pair... Doc Martens. Suede. Loafers. Black. How can you go wrong with that? All I have to do is have it cleaned and they're good to go. Destiny indeed haha.

Celebrated my purchases by having one beer as a nightcap in some cafe called Gecko. Then I went home before 10pm. Good boy? Naah... I just didn't have friends in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment