Monday, September 19, 2011

'TY-FOUR yrs old

'Scuse me while I go EMO. It's my BIRTHDAY after all... and it's my blog anyway! 

This is going to be cheesy but I have to do it... I have to be THANKFUL for all 'TY-FOUR years I've walked this planet.

  • I am thankful for all my friends [disc, surf, college, high school, advertising, office, etc] - for getting me drunk, laughing with me, traveling with me, chatting with me, etc.  Special thanks goes out to my friends who are also my "crushes"[all of them from disc]. for making my day every time I see them. Too bad some are in a relationship and the others, well, let's just say I'm just friggin' scared of crossing the "friend" barrier. Yes, you probably don't know who I'm referring to.
  • I am thankful for my general health. I may have gout and high blood and probably angina [google it, don't ask me] but at least it ain't debilitating. I can still bike but not do Ultimate. Yup, I've retired. Also, I'm thankful I'm just fat. At least I aint fat fat or even fat fat fat.
  • I am thankful for all the shoes I can afford to buy. I may have gone overboard already but what's done is done and all I can do is wear all of 'em, Imeldifically.
  • I am thankful for all the gadgets I was able to purchase despite my relatively low salary as compared to my peers in the ad industry. My Lumix, iPad, iPod, LG LCD TV, Samsung Galaxy Mini mobile phone, etc. have made my days and nights fun. In fact I'm writing this shit on my new Macbook Pro hehehe.
  • I am thankful that through sheer hard work, I now own Apples, my Honda City. Now I can sell her and get a new one.
  • I am thankful for my job. Despite all the flak my group has been getting lately, and despite all the nagging, whining clients, I can still deliver.
  • I am thankful for my officemates. Most of them are okay. Some aren't. But who gives an f right?
  • I am thankful for my family. Thank you for having a cool mom, great cousins, aunts, uncles, nephews and nieces. 
  • I am thankful for this blog for keeping me sane... and insane, sometimes.
  • I am thankful that my favorite basketball team, the Ateneo Blue Eagles are going for their 4th straight championship. For those who hate us for being dominant, you don't understand. You see, this is payback for us being in the dark ages for a long, long time.
  • I am thankful for myself... for being the coolest, funniest, wittiest, most good-looking, smartest, etc person I know.


Thanks for all the 'TY-FOUR years. Here's to 'TY-FOUR more years.

2 comments:

  1. Super like. Happy birthday, Gab. Glad to have known you since your days with Jake and now with Apples <3

    ReplyDelete