Wednesday, March 17, 2010

catholicism sub cult

This book was my "Catcher in the Rye." Read Catcher too but I liked this one better. In fact it was one of the books I can read over and over again.



Found it at a small bookstore in Session Road Baguio sometime in the 80s.

Here's the amazon.com info:

John Powers' classic comic novel of the 1960s Catholic subculture stars Eddie Ryan, a Chicago boy who learns about the important questions in life in his years at an all-boys Catholic school on Chicago's South Side. He views it all through the prism of his Catholic mentality, which often deepens the mystery but sometimes clarifies it.

So yes, naka-relate ako.

Sadly, I lost my copy and I tried ordering thru the Amazon sub cult but it just doesn't work.

Anyway, googling it, glad to know that they made it into a musical. Hope they make it into an indie movie too.

No comments:

Post a Comment