Wednesday, May 12, 2010

native american sub cult

When I was a kid, I watched a lot of Cowboys vs. Indians movies. Naturally, I was brainwashed to thinking that the Native Americans were evil and mean and they were the enemy.



Then I grew up and unlearned everything the Hollywood propaganda machine taught me. The Native Americans weren't the enemy, it was the other way around. In fact, Pale Face brought their brand of violence to the P.I. as they "benevolently assimilated" the early Pinoys.

Today, the cowboys of the USA are still at it and they've got new "Indians" to pick on... the Afghans, the Iraqis, and the invisible Al Qaeda army.

And I'm still here, hopelessly lapping up more Hollywood propaganda.



Because these modern "cowboy" movies are entertaining when there's nothing else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment