Monday, July 26, 2010

pc gaming sub cult

PC games I used to play in the eighties...

[1] WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SAN DIEGO?

You're a detective, tracking clues around the world for someone named Carmen San Diego. It was like the Amazing Race... only simpler.



[2] KARATEKA

Before Tekken and Streetfighter, there was this game. It had many levels where you had to fight different henchmen... until you fight the leader. When you beat hi, you get to save the Princess. So I guess your prize is you get some nookie.



[3] TAIPAN

My favorite. And it's really simple. You're the captain of a trading ship. You travel from port to port buying low and selling high. Of course the item you trade get really rich quickly is OPIUM. But when you deal in opium, the risks are higher as more men will be after your booty. Yeah, it was fun to be a young drug dealer. And in this game, I was able to reach the highest level, that of a Ma Tsu.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Where in the World is Carmen San Diego! The other games, I'm not that familiar with.

    Ok - obvious ba na I'm petik-sing at work? Will stop now!

    ReplyDelete