Tuesday, July 20, 2010

robot sub cult

When I was a kid, I went crazy for Japanese animated shit every weeknight. They weren't called anime then. They were just cartoons to me. And because they were Japanese, they had awesome weapons and cheesy storylines. But what the hell. They blew my mind. I even drew robots during class naming one of my "creations" MEKAVOLTEZINGER A. Anyway, here are my fave my boob tube bots.

Monday - MEKANDA



Tuesday - DAIMOS



Wednesday - MAZINGER Z



Thursday -GRENDIZER



Friday - VOLTES V

This "bot" was my favorite. Five parts volting into one to form Voltes V. Today, some people still say "let's volt in" as an alternative to mag-meeting or mag-brainstorming tayo. He had lots of great weapons I just didn't understand why it was always the laser sword that killed the enemy.



Like I said, these bots had killa weapons. But none of them compared to the ultimate weapon that can only come from the creative/lecherous minds of Japanese animators. This robot came out on Wednesdays, alongside Mazinger Z.

Her name: APHRODITE A. And here's how she bombed the competition...

No comments:

Post a Comment