Friday, December 10, 2010

north pole sub cult [SPOILER ALERT!!! If you don't want to know the truth about Santa, do not read this blog entry!!!]




Random Christmas memory.

Everyone has their own "How did you know Santa was not a real person story." Here's mine.

Of course this happened when I was a kid. Sometime before Christmas, I wrote Santa that I wanted a GI JOE accessory. I think it was guns or something.

Fast forward to Christmas Eve. I didn't get any thing from the jolly fat guy. Not even freakin candy. I was majorly disappointed and pissed. My Aunt said something like, "maybe he brought it to Baguio City [it's the place where my family stayed at the time but I was spending the holidays with my relatives in Manila]."

Fast forward to a few days after... I finally got the gift from Santa. And it had a note too. He actually wrote me?!!! Whatda... Anyway, he said... "Sorry, I accidentally brought your gift to Baguio."

After reading the note, I had a BIG BIG EUREKA MOMENT. Finally, I was an adult. It was a rite of passage. I have grown up and I knew the answer to a secret adults have been hiding from kids...

MY AUNT WAS SANTA CLAUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment