Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ultimate frisbee love sub cult

Dumaguete. My friends and I were in a van at the outskirts of the city when we saw a group of young ones playing Ultimate barefoot in a small elementary school field. I was giddy because it was my first time to see how the sport has grown in the Philippines. I mean those boys we saw could have been playing basketball or football. But they chose to play with a disc instead. They probably felt the same way I did when I started playing the sport years ago... PURE. JOY.

Coincidentally, the Manila Spirits tournament was being held in Clark Field at that same time. It's participants- hundreds of players from the Philippines + plus Asian powerhouses as well as players from other parts of the globe

The question is... which is the true Spirits?

No comments:

Post a Comment