Thursday, February 17, 2011

unsubcultured is now a reformed overspeeder...

FLASHBACK to Feb 12, Saturday. Got caught over speeding at the SCTEX. I was doing 131 on a highway with a 100kph speed limit. The radar got me. The deputy gave me a ticket and confiscated my driver's license.

FAST FORWARD to Feb 16, Wednesday. My office mate gave me a number of a guy who "works" at the LTO who I can call or text so that I cut the red tape when I retrieve my license. He knows people on the inside and I can get my shit faster... of course, for a fee. Did not call the guy because I wanted to do this thing the right way. SHYEAH RIGHT.

FAST A BIT MORE FORWARD to today. I wake up early to get to the LTO early. And I see a long line of traffic violators. My kind of people. A man approaches me and offers to make the process "faster." I ask for his name and number and I find out that he was the man my officemate was telling me about. HOW SEREPENDIPITOUS. Took it as a sign to be part of our hopelessly corrupt system. I thought, better that than wasting a perfectly good day attending some seminar at the LTO which can last until 4pm. No weh, Jose. The self righteous peeps might be reading this shit with mad eyes by now.

Good thing I had the Ipad while waiting for corruption to bring back my license to me. It was a big help in killing time. All I did was read Maxim magazines. And thanks to that I now know about Ron Artest, threesomes and serial killer myths.

Did I learn my lesson? Yep. I will not overspeed during the morning. That's when all the pigs are awake. But I can overspeed at night, when every cop's lazy ass is in some beer house getting wasted.

So I was out there by 11am. Did not take the seminar. Did not take the test. Wish I could say I stayed on to experience all that for journalism blog sake.

But I ain't cut out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment