Wednesday, July 27, 2011

nat geo + the asian food channel sub cult

This was the day I wished I had WASABI with me...

Day 3. Bohol.
After dolphin-chasing, and snorkeling in Balicasag [I didn't join my group mates because I just wanted to chill], we hopped to another island called Virgin Island. In this place, we had what my friends call "the Nat Geo" moment as we watched a woman prepare UNI from a sea urchin for us.

Touchdown. Nice island.


The bad and the good. It can hurt you... but it's also [insert not tunay na lalaki word here] delish.


According to the vendor, uni from sea urchins found deeper in the ocean are much more edible than those found in shallow water.


She gathers the urchins inside the pail and puts them inside a mesh/net bag.


She takes out the pointed part of the urchin's skin by shaking the net.


The finished "product." 3 for 50 bucks. SARAP!


Tangena sayang walang WASABI at kikkoman.


So did my stomach survive the blow? TMI.

No comments:

Post a Comment