Tuesday, July 5, 2011

sundays and the single person

Was out drinking with some old friends last night and topics ranged from cheating ex-husbands to our peter pan syndrome to old school gimiks. But among all the random talk, this was my favorite --- a single friend blurted out that the loneliest, most boring day in his life is Sunday. And it all starts in the afternoon, right after Sunday lunch with the family. That's when he gets lost. And he gives an example... during Sunday mass, everyone is with someone or the family and he's just all by himself.

That got me thinking... yeah, I experience that too, specially in malls. I see families shopping/eating, doing random stuff together, sometimes with the dressed up family toy dawg in all its cheesy glory, in tow.

They do it in packs. We single people do it alone. Will I conform to what society wants me to do eventually? Or will I continue to make my Sundays "boring, lonely and dull?"

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

THAT IS WHY I BOUGHT A BIKE.






No comments:

Post a Comment