Monday, July 11, 2011

the unsubcultured guide to watching the uaap + blue eagle sub cult

My favorite basketball league is back. The question is, will my team, the Arrrreneow Blue Eagles win their 4th straight? It will be tough. They lost key man Ryan Buenafe to rumor-mongering.

First you gotta have tickets. Scalpers? They're out there. Or you can do it the legal way... line -up at the ticket counter. Luckily for me, I have connections [which makes me subcultured]

Anyway, here are pics of the two games I watched yesterday.


The 1st game was between our arch-rival DLSU Green Archers vs the FEU Tamaraws. The latter won over the former. Here are the archers singing their school song. It's tradition that the schools sing their alma mater song at the end of the game [with the winning school first.

Here's the DLSU team. I hate them [but only during the UAAP season].


Now onto the next game... Ateneo Blue Eagles vs Adamson Falcons ... blue and white vs blue and white... birdy vs birdy. It's halftime so Ateneo's Blue Babble Battalion strut their stuff. It's also tradition that the schools' pep squads perform at halftime, when most of the fans are smoking, buying drinks, socializing, smoking, etc.


I didn't have game pics. But here's the endgame, where again, it's tradition to shake hands with each other for sportsmanship sake. Yep, it was an ugly game. In fact I'll call it an ugly game of epic proportions. But at least my team won.

Here's a blurred shot of my co-fans singing our alma mater song.

Game thoughts...
  • Our second unit needs offense.
  • Ryan Buenafe is truly a big miss.
  • I think every Ateneo game will be close.
  • It will be hard. Ateneo needs to be epic to win the 4th championship. Good luck boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment