Monday, August 15, 2011

ateneo blue eagles nag mala-zombie

This is NOT a sports blog. So don't expect an analytical look at the best Blue Eagle game [so far] this year.

Anyway, I was minding my own business [in the john, T.M.I ahahaha] Saturday morning when my cousin called. He had tickets to the ADMU-FEU game later in the afternoon. Cool. Thanks pinsan! So I paid 350 bucks for a patron ticket. Front row. Back of the court. Nize. I was even able to grab the loose ball and pass it back to the court on one play. Now that's a first.

But that's not the story. This is.

First half. FEU was perfect on offense. Lead by as much as 15 points. But I was sure of two things... [1] law of averages will catch up with them and [2] so will the Blue Eagles.

2nd half. Ateneo did catch up but long story short, with 'round a minute or less to go, FEU leads by 6 points. SIX BIG SEEMINGLY INSURMOUNTABLE POINTS. Resigned nako sa feeling na sige na, olats na kami for the first time this season. Okay lang siguro yon.

AND THEN THE DEAD EAGLES ZOMBIED UP!
  • Monfort stole the ball off a stupid Romeo inbound pass. 2points.
  • Romeo turns the ball over again by stepping on the line.
  • Kiefer Ravena tells us why he's the "King Eagle Rookie Phenom" by scoring on a drive.
  • Kiefer does more of the same to tie the game. ROOKIE YAN HA. AND HE TOOK OVER THE MUDDA-EFFIN GAME!
See his two shots here.



Ateneo forces overtime when everyone thought they were dead. And in overtime, they bite off the heads of the Tamaraws.

It was the best 350 bucks I ever spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment