Thursday, August 18, 2011

i've gone ape...

[...or how I've been immersing myself in the ape sub cult for the past few days... ]

Last week I watched this...



Liked it. It was a good parallel prequel to the classic Planet of the Apes movie series from the late 60s and early 70s. So I downloaded and watched these...


Awesome. Retro-cool even. Can't forget famous lines like "get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape"... and classic scenes like Charlton Heston's character realizing that humans have blown themselves back to the stone age when he sees the head of the Statue of Liberty on a post-apocalyptic beach.

Lastly, thank gawd the movie producer/writer/director didn't think of any animal but apes. I mean Planet of the Chickens would be a bit more horrible right?

No comments:

Post a Comment