Friday, August 5, 2011

uaap sub cult

The UP Fighting Maroons. Last year's whipping boys. They never won a game last UAAP season. So naturally, everyone rejoiced in a championship sort of way when they won their first game in UAAP season 74. Alumni quipped that they have reached their quota for wins. OR SO THEY THOUGHT.



Yesterday, this Fighting Maroon team pulled off what could probably be the upset of the year as they killed championship contender FEU on all fronts - d, offense, rebounding and hustle. They even did it by 13 points.

YOU KNOW WHAT'S IRONIC? While watching the game with my UP officemates, I think I was the only one [a Blue Eagle fan at that ] who actually believed that UP would pull off the win. They were all jaded. They thought their team would crumble in the end game as usual. I guess this was true of every UP alumni I am friends with.

I may be unsubcultured on/about many things but not hoops. While watching the replay, I realized this was a whole new Maroon team. They played more fluidly and had more plays as compared to past UP teams.

Even found this game more exciting/interesting than the second game which featured my Blue Eagle team vs UST. BORRRRRING.

Read all about it here...
http://uaapsports.studio23.tv/Article.aspx?articleid=86

No comments:

Post a Comment