Thursday, January 19, 2012

office shit sub cult

[I seldom write good stuff about work... so here's a rare post...]

There's been a change in my work life ever since the second week of January and I am freaking enjoying myself at work again.

Last year two other group heads and I headed 3 groups of writers, graphic artists and video editors. It didn't work out the way we planned. So someone in the group had a novel idea and broached it to my boss... why not divide the heads into edit, copy and art. That also plays into each group head's strength. 

Which means now I head the copy group. I no longer have to check on the edited stuff which made my life a living hell for the past years. 
Now, all I have to do is assign work to writers, check on their copy, write a few stuff myself, gather everyone for brainstorming once in a while... that sort of shit.  

Yeah, I love it.

1 comment: