Wednesday, January 25, 2012

unsubcultured vocabulary lesson for the day

Today, let's examine/study/dissect a word with no real/official/ right spelling... whose origins are unknown...  whose language it belongs to also unknown [but is used only by Pinoys, most specially of the female origin in Tweets or Facebook status messages]. Best of all, it's a word with varied meanings.

The word in the spotlight is...

NUNINOO
[or nuneenoo, nuninoo, nuninu, nooneenoo but never noohneehnooh].

So what are the meanings/applications of this word in everyday life? Here are a few examples...

IMPATIENCE
"Why is my dealer taking soooo long?... NUNINOO-NI-NUNINOO..."

MURPHY'S LAW TYPE PROBLEMS 
[as tweeted by my friend Windi who is in London] "Nuninu. My vpn does not work. And I tore my contact lens in half and can't get one half out. And I'm awake at 4am."

BEING OVERWHELMED WITH WORK
"NOONEENOO... I still have 10,516 papers to shred, 10466 documents to xerox, 1023 documents to scan and 326 docus to fax."

GETTING PISSED
"NUNEENOO, I saw my loser, piss-ass, mother f'n husband with another girl again."

CHISMIS/GOSSIP
"I just saw my 76 year old grampa holding hands with a 16 year old girl... NUNEENOO..."

There are a million ways to "NUNINOO." Like the f word, it enhances your sentences too. So use it.









1 comment: