Monday, March 28, 2011

folding bicycles + dahon users sub cult

PROBLEM:

I wanted to exercise real bad but I hate the gym and I detest both running and self proclaimed runners who clock/measure their shit everyday and post in Facebook or Twitter.


Biking is cool but for an amateur like me, biking is hazardous from my home to the nearest safe biking destination--- the UP Sunken Garden.


SOLUTION:

Score a FOLDING BIKE so that you can put it in the trunk of your car and just bike around wherever! What? They have those? Yep. I first saw it at a friend's Facebook post and did some google research and called a few bike stores around Metro Manila.


Finally found a bike store near my place called Glorious Ride.






Got there at around 3pm... owner was very accomodating... and finally scored the bike I want at the price I was okay with...


Presenting my Dahon Eco3...


P.S.
Saw a folding bike sub cult on Facebook. They call themselves Tiklop Society of the Philippines. They go on group rides and they even have a t-shirt. Incidentally, Tiklop means Fold in English.

P.P.S.
My car is a Honda. My Bike is a Dahon. Go figure.

P.P.P.S
Here's my bike's home website...

http://www.dahon.com



No comments:

Post a Comment