Wednesday, March 16, 2011

old school roman empire politics + the bard plays sub cult

Yesterday was March the 15th... a.k.a. THE IDES OF MARCH. Got to learn about this phrase while I was in high school while studying my first William Shakespeare play, Julius Caesar. The teacher even made us memorize Brutus' and Caesar's speeches.

My thoughts at that time where... why can't I fucking understand the Bard's Engrish? And Julius Caesar was my first lesson in friendship and betrayal. In other words, your friends can stab you in the back too... even if they are honorable men.

The last words he ever uttered [allegedly, according to Shakespeare] were ET TU BRUTTE? That supposedly meant YOU TOO BRUTUS?

Or in unsubcultured language FUCK YOU BRUTE.

Images of
Julius Caesar............... William Shakespeare...... and last but not the least...



the honorable Brutus.




No comments:

Post a Comment