Wednesday, April 20, 2011

cable tv + art sub cult

RANDOM STUFF [or weirdness] SEEN ON TV...

I was watching NBA on BTV on Destiny Cable. There was a timeout so my short attention span kicked in and I channel surfed.

Landed on GNN or Global News Network where there was a program called ILLUMINATI hosted by Krip Yuson. The show was featuring the launch of a music and poetry book by artist Cesare Syjuco.

Anyway, one of the event's performers was Cesare's daughter, Beatrix Syjuco who did some sort of a performance art/poetry reading which was out of this world.

TRANSLATION: WTF was that? I totally didn't get it but the audience was totally into her [for lack of a better word] weirdness. Yeah, "artistes" are in a different plane of existence altogether.
I REALLY THOUGHT I WAS HAVING A "420 MOMENT" WITHOUT EVEN SMOKING ANYTHING.

I missed half a quarter of NBA action because of that.

P.S.

  • I think she's related to a boogie boarding friend of mine
  • The girl [along with her sisters] used to have a band named Faust. I remember I having a copy of their "tape" way back.




No comments:

Post a Comment