Wednesday, May 23, 2012

FROM THE TELEGRAPH [U.K.]

'My Way' deaths lead karaoke bars in Philippines to ban song Frank Sinatra's "My Way" has been banned from many bars across the Philippines after at least six people were killed in the last decade while performing karaoke renditions of the song. 


Yep, that phenomenon is a bizarre fact of life in these islands. 

With that as a background, I was scared that it could happen right in front of my eyes. 

You see last Saturday, I attended a party to "celebrate" my friend's grandma's first year death anniversary. There was eating, drinking dancing and singing. 

Of course my friend's Uncle went up the stage to sing it. So naturally, I half-expected something bad to happen. 

Nothing happened.

Thus interrupting the My Way death pattern. 

This blog entry is shit.   

No comments:

Post a Comment